- The 2019 RAM 1500 is the truckmaker’s all-new entry in the full-size pickup wars, taking on the mighty Ford F-150 and the Chevy Silverado.
- The RAM 1500 I reviewed came in a "Laramie Longhorn" edition with a stout Hemi V8.
- This luxurious pickup was also packed with cool features.
The all-new RAM 1500 pickup truck recently triumphed in a faceoff against another newcomer to the ultra-competitive US scene: the equally all-new Chevy Silverado.
(In case you were wondering, the mighty Ford F-150 was redesigned a few years back, and we haven’t checked it out since then, so stay tuned.)
In my rundown of the RAM’s advantages, I noted that we tested a flashy, upmarket "Laramie Longhorn" edition, more than $10,000 costlier than the Chevy. But I also noted that the RAM 1500 is the best pickup I’ve driven in quite a while.
Because our tester was extremely well-equipped, verging on a luxury vehicle, it was packed with cool goodies. I played around with all of them. Pickups are already a cornucopia of extras — that’s why the automakers can make so much money on them — but our Longhorn RAM 1500 took the matter to a different level.
Here’s a rundown of all the awesome features.
The RAM 1500 is Fiat Chrysler Automobiles’ all-new entry into the Great American Pickup Truck Wars.
I tested a western-themed "Laramie Longhorn" edition, with a genuine four-wheel-drive setup and a short bed. This 5,400-pounder can tow 12,750 lbs.
1. The new Ram has lost none of its aggressive design, so cool feature NUMBER 1 is that bold grille.
- 17 hot cars we can’t wait to see at the 2019 New York Auto Show
- These are the 12 best new cars for 2019 that cost $75,000 or less
- 12 tips for spring cleaning your car