Metro NoHo-Pasadena BRT meetings (tonight!), Stories from the Frontline, Metro committees, Green New Deal, and more this week.
- Tonight and Wednesday 7/17 are the two remaining Metro community input meetings on planned North Hollywood to Pasadena Bus Rapid Transit. Already, NIMBYs are vocally opposing the BRT project. Livability and equity advocates need to write emails on needed improvements and plan to attend meetings:
– Tonight Mon 7/15 from 6–8 p.m. at Buena Vista Branch Library, 300 N. Buena Vista Street in Burbank (Facebook event)
– Wed 7/17 from 5:30–7:30 p.m. at Glendale Downtown Central Library, 222 E. Harvard Street (Facebook event)
NoHo-Pasadena BRT project specifics and meeting details (click on ‘Meetings’ tab) at Metro project webpage.
- Wednesday and Thursday 7/17-18 – Metro board committees will meet, discuss, and vote on items in advance of next week’s full board meetings. Details at Metro board webpage.
- Thursday 7/18 – Stories from the Frontline and Everyone In will host an evening of first person storytelling from people who have recovered from homelessness and have benefited from affordable and supportive housing. The event will take place from 6-9 p.m. at Wanderlust Hollywood, 1357 North Highland Avenue – easy walking distance from the Hollywood/Highland Metro Red Line station. The event is free, but pre-registration is requested via Eventbrite.
- Friday 7/11 – Westside Urban Forum will host a panel discussion on A Green New Deal for Los Angeles. The event will take place at 7:15 a.m. at the Helms Design Center on the Helms Bakery campus, 8745 Washington Boulevard in Culver City. Details and registration via WUF events webpage.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.