- Huawei’s latest flagship smartphone, the P30 Pro, was unveiled on March 26.
- The P30 Pro has a stunning camera system, including a 40-megapixel "superspectrum" camera, an ultrawide lens, and up to 50x zoom.
- But the Huawei P30 Pro’s best trick is its ability to shoot in the dark, as evidenced by a 9-second video shot by a Reddit user, which we’ve embedded in GIF form below.
Huawei’s newest flagship smartphone, the P30 Pro, is turning heads — mainly because of its incredible camera.
Last year’s Huawei flagship, the P20 Pro, was one of the best smartphone shooters available. But this year’s model improves upon the previous generation in a handful of ways, one of which is an impressive new photography mode, called "Super Low Light."
The best way to understand how well "Super Low Light" mode works is to see it in action. Thankfully, one Reddit user took a quick 10-second video, moving from a bright room to one with no lights, to demonstrate this new capability.
It’s really impressive — take note of how the background is completely black, even while the phone manages to capture details you could only see in the light.
Check out our first impressions of the Huawei P30 Pro, and watch the GIF below to see "Super Low Light" mode doing work.
Huawei’s P30 and P30 Pro are already available to pre-order, and both phones arrive April 5 in select regions. The P30 starts at €799, and the P30 Pro starts at €999.
NOW WATCH: Watch Apple debut its own no-fee credit card
- Everyone’s talking about foldable phones, but a few things need to happen before people start buying them
- Huawei’s crazy new phone ditches the ear speaker and lets you hear calls through a vibrating screen
- Hands-on with Huawei’s P30 Pro, which has 4 cameras and takes calls through a vibrating screen