- The sneaker craze is hitting a fever pitch.
- Certain styles fare better than others. Sneaker resale marketplaces like StockX and Stadium Goods have sold popular pairs for $20,000.
- From Air Jordans to Chuck Taylors, here are the best-selling sneakers of 2019 so far, according to NPD analyst Matt Powell.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Sneakers are undoubtedly having a moment.
Athletic brands like Nike and Adidas regularly dominate the sneaker world with their innovative and modern designs. But in the midst of new styles and changing fads, some sneakers will always be iconic.
Sport footwear sales declined declined overall in the first half of 2019, NPD analyst Matt Powell wrote in a report Tuesday. In general, sales for Nike and the Jordan brand grew slightly in the first half of the year, while Adidas, Converse, Skechers, New Balance, and Under Armour saw a slight decline.
From Chuck Taylors to Air Jordans, these are the best-selling sneakers of 2019 so far, according to Powell.
10. Nike Revolution 4
This running shoe comes in a variety of styles for men, women, and children. This men’s running shoe model goes for around $60 on Nike.
9. Vans Ward
The Ward Low Top from Vans is notably the only skate sneaker on the top-selling list. The design features an iconic side stripe and a rubber outsole. This model is going for $50 on Famous Footwear.
8. Chuck Taylor Ox Low
Probably one of the most classic sneakers of all time, the Chuck Taylor All Stars are available in a multitude of colors on the Converse website. A pair usually goes for $50.
- I ate the same meal at Texas Roadhouse, Outback Steakhouse, and LongHorn Steakhouse. Here’s how they compared.
- Here’s why sneakers are leading the charge to make clothes more sustainable
- Here are the 10 most valuable sneakers on the global resale market, including a $30,000 pair of Kanye West Louis Vuittons