- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson topped Forbes list of the highest-paid actors in the world this year with $89.4 million.
- "Avengers: Endgame" star Chris Hemsworth came in second with $76.4 million. He’s one of five actors from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to make the list.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson topped Forbes’ annual list of the highest-paid actors in the world this year.
Johnson, who’s currently on the big screen in the "Fast and Furious" spin-off "Hobbs and Shaw," earned $89.4 million between June 1, 2018 and June 1, 2019. Johnson moved up from second place last year while earning less.
Johnson made $124 million from June 2017 to June 2018, the most someone had ever made primarily from acting in the history of Forbes’ Celebrity 100 list. George Clooney topped the list of highest-paid actors last year with $239 million because of the sale of his tequila company, Casamigos, but did not make the top 10 this year.
This year’s list also includes five actors from the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Bradley Cooper (Rocket’s voice), Chris Evans (Captain America), and Paul Rudd (Ant-Man).
Adam Sandler also cracked the top 10 thanks to his Netflix deal for multiple movies, one of which, "Murder Mystery," was released this year. Netflix said in July that 73 million households watched the movie.
Below are the top five highest-paid actors in the world, according to Forbes:
5. Jackie Chan — $58 million
Kiyoshi Ota / Getty Images
Chan starred in the Chinese movie "The Knight of Shadows: Between Yin and Yang" this year, as well as "Journey to China: Mystery of the Iron Mask," which is currently in theaters in China.
4. Akshay Kumar — $65 million
Bollywood actor Kumar is currently starring in "Mission Mangal," which recently passed am Indian box-office milestone with 100 crore (1 billion Indian rupees or $14 million).
3. Robert Downey Jr — $66 million
Downey enjoyed hefty paydays for his role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He earned $20 million upfront for "Avengers: Endgame," and will get another 8% of box-office gross, or $55 million, according to Forbes. So, in all, Downey will earn $75 million for "Endgame," his final outing as Iron Man.
- We read ‘The Hunt’ script and it isn’t about liberal elites hunting ‘deplorables,’ but there are lines that could anger Trump and his supporters
- The 5 Disney movies that have made over $1 billion at the box office in 2019
- The list of biggest movies this year from 7 major Hollywood studios shows Disney’s utter box-office dominance