Antonio Villas-Boas/Business Insider
- The OnePlus 7 Pro is being touted as the fastest Android smartphone you can buy, and it could be the fastest smartphone in general, too.
- There’s a way to make it feel even faster by changing a few animation settings in the phone’s hidden "developer options" settings.
- Reducing the animations will make the OnePlus 7 Pro feel even faster without compromising the experience.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The OnePlus 7 Pro is the fastest phone I’ve ever used, even though it largely runs on the same specs as other top Android phones, like the Galaxy S10.
You could argue that the OnePlus 7 Pro is faster than the iPhone XS, even if the iPhone XS might do better in benchmarks. At the end of the day, however, real-world usage is what matters most, and the OnePlus 7 Pro feels faster than the iPhone XS.
That’s largely because Android has fewer superfluous animations than iOS on iPhone, and there’s a hidden setting in every Android phone, including the OnePlus 7 Pro, that reduces those animations even further. It turns out the animations actually make phones feel slower than they actually are.
Reducing the animations can be done through the Android’s "developer options," which is a hidden option that requires a couple easy steps.
Check out how to make the OnePlus 7 Pro feel even faster than it already does:
To start, head to the Settings menu of your Android phone and tap "About Phone."
Find "Build Number," and tap it repeatedly. An alert will show up that says you’re "X" taps away from "becoming a developer." Keep going until it say’s "You’re a developer."
Then head back to the main Settings menu, and tap "System."
- Apple is expected to launch 3 new iPhones this year — here’s everything we know so far
- This is the best new smartphone of 2019 so far, and it only costs $500
- The end of an era: Friday is the last day you can use BlackBerry Messenger