- The market-research firm JD Power has released its 2019 ranking of the most reliable automotive brands and vehicles.
- The Porsche 911 was named the most reliable car for the second consecutive year in the roundup published June 19.
- Kia and Chevrolet won more segments than any other brands, with four each.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories
The market-research firm JD Power released its 2019 ranking of the most reliable automotive brands and vehicles on June 19
The firm measured the number of problems reported by over 76,000 customers and lessees during their first 90 days driving new, 2019 model-year vehicles.
Read more: The 10 most-reliable car brands
The Porsche 911 was named the most reliable car for the second consecutive year. JD Power also named the most reliable vehicle in 20 different segments. Kia and Chevrolet won more segments than any other brands, with four each.
These are the most reliable vehicles in each segment, according to JD Power.
Most dependable overall: Porsche 911
Starting price: $91,100
Small car: Kia Rio
Starting price: $15,390
Small premium car: BMW 2 Series
Starting price: $35,300
- Tesla received a tariff exemption for the Japanese aluminum it uses for batteries
- Tesla is addressing one of its customers’ biggest complaints by starting to do collision repairs through its service centers and mobile service fleet
- These are the most popular Uber Eats orders