Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Amazon sold a whopping 300,000 Instant Pots during Prime Day 2018 when they were discounted to their then-lowest prices ever. The Duo 6-quart, usually $99.95, was only $58.99 at the time.
- It also broke the top five best sellers of Prime Day 2017, and we’re betting it’ll be discounted again for Prime Day 2019.
- To make sure you don’t miss it in the chaos of Prime Day, you may want to add it to a wish list now. Or, if you’re worried about sellouts, you can get it at up to 30% off right now.
- Even without a discount, it’s a great deal. It can replace 10 popular kitchen devices with one, and we think it’s the best instant cooker you can buy overall.
Last year on Prime Day, people bought a whopping 300,000 Instant Pots, the actual Swiss army knife of kitchens across the country. The total volume of orders from the 36-hour event broke Instant Pot’s previous sale records. Back in 2017, it also broke the list of Amazon’s top five best sellers on Prime Day.
If you’re only going to buy one kitchen appliance, or you can only bring one hypothetical tool to a kitchen on a desert island, it would be difficult to find one more useful than this.
Here are the Instant Pot Prime Day 2019 deals we expect to see again this year:
- Instant Pot DUO60, 6-Quart, $58.99 (originally $99.95) [$41 off]
- Instant Pot Ultra, 8-Quart, $119.95 (originally $179.95) [$60 off]
To avoid losing out in the haze of Prime Day, you may want to add it to your wish list now. Though if you can’t wait until mid-July, you can also get it on sale right now for up to 30% off, though not quite as low as it was on Prime Day 2018.
Why buy an Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot can do more things — and make more food — than you would believe possible in a comically small amount of space. Depending on the model you get, you can feed families of six or more in one fell swoop, and it can replace 10 common kitchen appliances with one: It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, egg cooker, sauté pan, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer.
The real beauty of the Instant Pot, aside from its efficiency, is its total convenience. It removes barriers both to cooking at home and eating healthy foods. Instead of babying dry black beans with an overnight soak and four hours of patient simmering, you can toss them into the Pot and pressure cook them for 30 minutes while you catch up on a Netflix show.
It’s popular with our readers, but also with our team. Our tech guy has sworn by it as well as an Insider Picks editor, and it topped our list of the best instant cookers. It also has over 30,000 five-star Amazon reviews. If you’re looking for a new do-anything kitchen gadget, prioritize this one.
Current Instant Pot prices
- The Philips Hue deals we expect to see on Amazon Prime Day 2019
- Save an extra 25% on sneakers and clothes at Puma and up to 50% at Nordstrom — plus 6 other sales happening now
- The best men’s workout shirts you can buy