- John Henry — owner of the Boston Red Sox, The Boston Globe, and Liverpool Football Club — has lowered the asking price of his Boca Raton mansion by $10 million, according to Forbes.
- The billionaire sports mogul first listed his luxury vacation home in November for $25 million.
- Alongside its spacious living room, the mansion features a clubroom bar, private recording studio, and master library.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
According to recent reporting from Forbes, the "custom-made" home is now listed for $15 million, marking a $10 million price cut. After a successful start at his firm, J.W. Henry & Co., Henry purchased the Boston Red Sox for $380 million in 2002, followed by Liverpool FC for £300 million in 2010 — almost $400 million today.
The home was first put on the market with Senada Adzem of Douglas Elliman Real Estate in November for $25 million after over two decades of use. Henry first purchased the property in 1991 for $650,000, and started using his completed mansion five years later.
The mansion now numbers as one of many major price drops over the past year, including a 70% discount on Michael Jackson’s infamous Neverland Ranch and a billion-dollar mountaintop property now listed for $650 million.
Previous reporting from Business Insider’s Lina Batarags shows that customized houses like Henry’s can be hard to sell, as they include extremely personalized features — such as private recording studios — that do not appeal to every buyer.
Keep reading for an inside look at the multimillion-dollar mansion, from its master library to its private music studio.
The lakefront property is known as Tashun or "House of Peace" …
… and currently belongs to billionaire Red Sox owner John Henry. John W. Henry also owns the Liverpool Football Club and The Boston Globe. Forbes estimates that his net worth is $2.7 billion.
Barry Chin/The Boston Globe via Getty Image
The house sits on a spacious 6.3-acre plot featuring ample lawn space …
- I spent a day on NYC’s Billionaires’ Row. Here’s your ultimate guide to one of the city’s glitziest streets, which borders Central Park and is home to the most expensive apartment ever sold in the US.
- Lauren Sanchez has reportedly filed for a divorce from her husband, Patrick Whitesell. Here’s what we know about the high-power Hollywood agent whose wife is reportedly dating Jeff Bezos
- ‘Fixer Upper’ stars Chip and Joanna Gaines bought a 129-year-old castle worth almost half a million dollars in Texas, and photos show why it may be their most challenging renovation yet