- There are 29 players in North American sports history who have made at least $200 million.
- The list is loaded with NBA players, MLB players, and NFL quarterbacks.
- The list is updated through the 2018 NFL and MLB seasons and the 2018-19 NBA and NHL seasons.
Bryce Harper made headlines when he signed a 13-year, $330 million contract with the Philadelphia Phillies, the largest deal in North American sports history.
While Harper will eventually join the $200 million club for career earnings, he is not there yet. On the other hand, there are 29 athletes who have made at least $200 million in their careers.
The list includes 12 players from the NBA, 11 from Major League Baseball, six NFL quarterbacks, and none from the NHL.
Using contract data obtained by Spotrac.com and other sources, here are the 29 highest-paid players in North American sports history.
29. Justin Verlander — $201.3 million
Highest single-season salary: $28.0 million
World Series Titles: 1
All-Star Games: 7
Cy Young Awards: 1
28. Philip Rivers, QB — $202.9 million
Highest single-season earnings: $32 million (2015; includes $17 million signing bonus)
Pro Bowls: 8
First-team All-Pro: 0
27. Aaron Rodgers, QB — $204.0 million
Rob Carr/Getty Images
Highest single-season earnings: $66.9 million (2018; includes $57.5 million signing bonus)
Pro Bowls: 7
First-team All-Pro: 2
- The top 30 prospects in the 2019 NBA Draft
- In a stunning move, the Eagles will let Nick Foles become a free agent and seek a long-term contract
- Bryce Harper’s free agency is coming down to the wire, and it could go in 2 quite different directions