- Glassdoor released its annual list of the highest paying internships.
- Facebook pays interns the most at $8,000 a month. Tech companies comprised 44% of the list, while finance and consulting firms followed closely behind.
- Here are the 25 highest paying internships in 2019.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Internships can be a gateway to high-paying jobs — though some of them pay well on their own.
To compete for the best talent, the biggest firms in tech, engineering, and finance offer interns salaries as high as $8,000 a month, according to Glassdoor’s annual report on internships and entry-level jobs. Glassdoor looked at base salaries reported by interns from March 2018 to February 2019.
Tech companies like Facebook, Uber, Google, and Salesforce pay interns the most, comprising 44% of the list. Finance and consulting firms like KPMG, Deloitte, and Goldman Sachs followed closely behind. Other industries, like aerospace, media, and biotech, were represented in the companies Boeing, Bloomberg LP, and Genentech.
"In today’s strong job market, it’s a great time for college students and recent graduates to enter the workforce and start their careers," Glassdoor economic research analyst Amanda Stansell said in a release.
Here are the 25 highest paying internships in 2019:
25. Boeing: The aerospace company pays interns a median monthly rate of $4,167.
24. Dell: The tech giant pays interns a median monthly rate of $4,333.
23. Genentech: The biotechnology corporation pays interns a median monthly rate of $4,500.
- Here are all the ways being a flight attendant has changed in the last 50 years
- 7 of the worst scams people fall for when renting an apartment
- The 50 best colleges for your money