Stuart Ramson/Associated Press
- Education specialists QS Quacquarelli Symonds recently released a ranking of the top executive MBA programs.
- EMBA programs are generally geared toward older and more experienced candidates than MBA programs.
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania took the top spot.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Seeking a career in the C-suite? An executive master’s in business administration (EMBA) program might be for you.
An EMBA program differs from an MBA program in a few key ways.
For example, according to TopMBA, applicants to EMBA programs typically have about 10 to 15 years of work experience. And many EMBA students continue to work full time during the program. That means your employer might cover the cost of tuition; it also means you’ll have less frequent interactions with classmates.
Education specialists QS Quacquarelli Symonds annually rank the best EMBA programs in the world, based on surveys of employers and academics.
For their ranking, they focused on factors including (but not limited to) how many employers recently recruited from the program, the program’s strength of thought leadership, and how much of a salary bump or promotion graduates receive.
Here are the 25 best EMBA programs in the world, according to QS, as well as the programs’ scores from 0 to 100 overall and on employer reputation.
25. Copenhagen Business School
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Overall score: 76.3
Employer reputation: 84.9
Thought leadership: 82
Career outcomes: 80
24. CUHK Business School
Location: Hong Kong
Overall score: 76.6
Employer reputation: 67.6
Thought leadership: 81.2
Career outcomes: 100
23. Ross School of Business (University of Michigan)
Locations: Ann Arbor, MI; and Los Angeles, CA
Overall score: 77.5
Employer reputation: 88.2
Thought leadership: 95.8
Career outcomes: 60
- Foursquare has raised over $240 million. Here’s what the startup’s investor pitch deck looked like before it raised any money at all.
- Experts share 9 simple but underused tricks to make your job search as painless as possible
- 13 signs your friendship with someone is toxic
SEE ALSO: The 50 best MBA programs in the world