Alyssa Powell/Business Insider
- Amazon’s Best Books of the Month section is full of new releases hand-picked by Amazon editors.
- This July, you’ll discover 10 new titles, including "Three Women" by Lisa Taddeo, and "Deep River" by Karl Marlantes.
- Check out all the new releases below, along with short summaries provided by Amazon’s book editor, Erin Kodieck.
Summer is here, and whether you’re soaking up the sun on a city rooftop, enjoying a casual evening in the park, or spending a leasurly Sunday by the pool, a book in hand can make any outdoor situation that much better.
To help inspire your summer reading list, Amazon’s editors rounded up 10 of the most captivating new reads into a Best Books of the Month section on the site.
Don’t miss out on July’s top books, including a new one from Pulitzer Prize-winning author Colson Whitehead. Continue reading to learn more about each one.
Captions have been provided by Erin Kodicek, editor of books and Kindle at Amazon.com.
"The Nickel Boys" by Colson Whitehead
Set in the Jim Crow South and based on a true story that will make your blood boil, Pulitzer Prize-winning author Colson Whitehead’s "The Nickel Boys" finds two boys navigating a nightmarish reform school.
"The Most Fun We Ever Had" by Claire Lombardo
Marilyn and David Sorenson might get along famously but their four daughters, decidedly, do not. Claire Lombardo expertly explores the highs and lows of romantic and familial love in her astute and acerbic debut, "The Most Fun We Ever Had."
"Three Women" by Lisa Taddeo
This provocative feat of journalism unflinchingly mines the sexual lives of three women. You will want to shake them, you will want to hug them, and you want to look in the mirror and examine your own complicated relationship with desire.
- The best mattresses your can buy for kids
- The best rear bike racks you can buy
- The best medicated cat shampoo you can buy