Michael Reaves/Getty Images
- The Warriors lost to the Suns 115-111 on Sunday, bringing them to 4-6 over their past 10 games.
- Steve Kerr was caught on camera appearing to say he was "so f—ing tired of Draymond’s s—" late in the game.
- The scene describing the Warriors locker room was somewhat tense, with Green leaving before Kerr had the chance to speak with him.
Steve Kerr and the Golden State Warriors had a rough night on Sunday, falling to the lowly Phoenix Suns, 115-111.
It was their fourth loss in their past six games — a rather stunning stretch for the franchise that has dominated the NBA for the past four years.
The performance on the court was uninspired, but it was the action on the bench that wound up being the story of the night for Golden State.
After forward Draymond Green was seen looking frustrated, a camera caught Steve Kerr appearing to say he’s "so f—— tired of Draymond’s s—" to assistant coach Mike Brown.
NBA lip readers can be a bit over-eager, but it certainly looks like Kerr is admonishing Draymond.
The description of the Warriors locker room after the loss didn’t do much to assuage concerns about team chemistry.
According to The Athletic’s Anthony Slater, Kerr was made aware of the clip after the game and searched for Green.
"He walked into the locker room, while reporters were lingering around, looked at a Draymond’s deserted stall and asked whether he was still there," Slater wrote. "No, Draymond had left, Kerr was told and he walked out, later declining comment to a small group of reporters who tried to get him on his way out of the arena, saying he’d speak at his normal time after practice on Monday."
The Warriors are still loaded with more talent than any other team in the league, and could break out of this slump just as easily as they slipped into it — no one would be totally shocked by another unstoppable run through the postseason to win a third straight title.
The Warriors are still the heavy favorites to win the 2019 NBA Championship, but the tensions in the Golden State locker room are readily apparent.
- The Kevin Durant-Kyrie Irving free agency hype is reaching a fever pitch and rumors, reports, and more have created a trail of bread crumbs to follow
- The Lakers built a bizarre team around LeBron James and now it is coming back to haunt them
- Kyrie Irving has reportedly become ‘disengaged and detached’ as the Celtics fall apart, and nobody knows what’s going on