- Starbucks is adding a new drink called the Cloud Macchiato to the menu, as a part of a collaboration with singer Ariana Grande.
- The Cloud Macchiato is a twist on the classic macchiato, utilizing the chain’s airy cold foam.
- Grand and Starbucks sparked questions on Monday with a pair of cryptic tweets featuring cloud emojis.
Starbucks is debuting a new drink with the help of Ariana Grande.
On Tuesday, the coffee giant confirmed that it is adding a new item to the menu called the Cloud Macchiato. The drink melds the classic macchiato with cold foam, which Starbucks describes as "an airy microfoam frothed cold and blended until smooth, creating layers of creamy texture and flavor, without the cream."
The Cloud Macchiato will be available with caramel and cinnamon flavors, and served cold or hot. It will join Starbucks’ menu as a new permanent item as the coffee giant doubles down on cold beverages.
The drink is part of a collaboration with the singer Ariana Grande. On Monday, both Starbucks and Grade posted cryptic tweets with cloud emojis. Grande’s love of clouds (and the cloud emoji) is well documented, with the singer launching a Cloud perfume in February.
According to internal documents viewed by Business Insider, Starbucks plans to debut a playlist featuring Grande’s songs and some of her favorite music on Saturday, as well as a playlist for International Women’s Day on Friday.
- 11 outrageous ideas that made people ridiculously rich
- Starbucks and Ariana Grande just posted mysterious twin tweets. Here’s what they mean.
- Starbucks just opened its largest store ever, complete with pizza, cocktails, and cotton candy-topped lattes