Scott Legato/Getty Images
- Rihanna has an estimated net worth of $600 million, according to Forbes.
- This makes her the world’s richest female musician.
- While Rihanna is known to spend lavishly on her beauty, fashion, and accessories, her favorite way to spend her fortune is on others.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
With an estimated net worth of $600 million, Rihanna, 31, is the world’s richest female musician, reported Natalie Robehmed of Forbes.
That level of wealth puts her a long ways from her childhood. "When I was younger, I couldn’t afford everything, but a pair of Timberlands: That was my Dior," Rihanna told T: The New York Times Style Magazine. "And I had to save my money for a whole school year to get those Timberlands that I wanted, and I did it."
It’s a determined attitude that helped the singer get to where she is today. Her fortune isn’t just from her music — she’s been able to grow it through brand partnerships and her own product lines.
While she’s known to splurge on beauty, fashion, and vacations, Rihanna prioritizes spending money on others, whether it’s her family or those in need. She’s heavily involved in charity work and was named Harvard’s humanitarian of the year in 2017, reported Kelly Lawler for USA Today.
Below, see how Rihanna earns and spends her fortune.
Rihanna is currently worth an estimated $600 million, which she’s earned from undertakings that span a variety of industries. According to Forbes, she is now the world’s wealthiest female musician.
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
The singer has earned millions from her tours. Her most prolific, the Diamonds World Tour in 2013, grossed more than $140 million worldwide.
Nigel Waldron/Getty Images
She also profits from tour sponsorships. Rihanna reportedly signed a $25 million contract to promote Samsung on her 2016 Anti World Tour.
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images
- Leaked footage shows the ‘Jeopardy!’ contestant who’s been on a 32-game winning streak losing — meet the professional gambler from Illinois who took home $2.4 million in winnings and nearly broke an all-time record
- Jay Z — hip-hop’s first billionaire — and Beyoncé are worth more than $1 billion. Here’s how much money 19 rich and famous power couples are worth
- The 25 most popular cities for vacation homes in the US, ranked