via ABC News/Twitter
- Russian president Vladimir Putin on Friday fell on ice while skating around a rink after a hockey exhibition.
- Putin quickly got back up and continued skating and waving to fans.
- Putin scored eight goals in the exhibition in what’s become an annual tradition.
- Visit Business Insider’s home page for more stories.
Russian President Vladimir Putin took a fall on the ice while skating around the rink after a hockey exhibition.
The 66-year-old took a lap around the ice, waving to fans when he tripped on some carpet and fell onto the ice.
People skating behind him tried to warn him of the carpet but didn’t get to him in time.
Putin got back up quickly and continued skating.
Watch the video below:
It’s become an annual tradition for Putin to play in the hockey exhibitions that often feature former Russian NHL stars.
Putin scored eight goals this year, continuing a tradition in which he finds the net multiple times.
- Read more:
- The Kremlin released photos of Putin’s summer vacation to Siberia, and he has his shirt on this time
- Meet Vladimir Potanin, the richest documented man in Russia, who made his $22 billion fortune in the nickel industry, has owned at least 3 yachts, and plays ice hockey with Vladimir Putin
- ‘I see no need to hide behind the bushes’: Putin defends shirtless photos of himself
- LEBRON JAMES: How the king of the NBA spends his millions
- Kim Kardashian revealed in a lawsuit that she demands up to half a million dollars for a single Instagram post and other details about how much she charges for endorsement deals
- Over 370 former federal prosecutors say they would have charged Trump with obstruction if he wasn’t president