- Billions of dollars are invested in startups every year.
- Whether a startup seeks to raise money from angel investors, venture capital firms or other backers, the presentation, or "pitch," about the business is critical.
- The most effective pitch decks deftly weave data, imagination and storytelling into a captivating slide presentation.
- Business Insider regularly interviews startups about fundraising strategies and collects the pitch decks that helped startups raise funding. You can read them all by subscribing to BI Prime.
Here’s a list of some of the recent startup pitch decks published by Business Insider:
- AirBnB: The first-ever investor pitch deck for $31 billion startup Airbnb‚ which has raised over $3 billion and is nearing an IPO
- Amify: Here’s the pitch deck a Virginia startup used to raise $6 million after seven years of bootstrapping its business
- Brex: A buzzy startup raised $57 million from Peter Thiel and Y Combinator using these 19 slides
- Carta: Here’s the investor deck that $800 million startup Carta used to raise $150 million in venture capital
- Day One Ventures: Here’s the pitch deck this 29-year-old Russian-born VC used to convince investors to contribute millions to her fund
- Front: A hot startup raised $66 million in 5 days using these 24 slides
- Lola.com: Here’s the pitch deck corporate travel service Lola.com used to raise $37 million in new funds
- Osano: Here’s the pitch deck this Austin, Texas, entrepreneur used to raise millions for a startup inspired by Mark Zuckerberg’s congressional testimony
- Skymind: Here’s the pitch deck AI startup Skymind just used to scoop up $11.5 million in funding
- Trumid: Here’s the pitch deck Trumid, a Wall Street trading startup backed by George Soros and Peter Thiel, used to raise $53 million
- Uber:Uber’s original pitch deck from a decade ago shows just how much the ride-hailing giant has changed
- UpTop: Here’s the pitch deck a New York startup used to raise $5.5 million to expand its apartment-rental service
- Claire’s policies spark backlash after an ex-employee said she was told to pierce children’s ears even if they said no and needed to be physically restrained
- Share your opinion — become a BI Insider!
- A celebrity jeweler who made a $37,000 ring for Elon Musk said the Tesla CEO canceled their meeting after the jeweler posted on Instagram about being locked in his Model X