Jeff Roberson/AP Images
- Panera Bread employees sometimes have to deal with unusual situations on shift.
- Business Insider spoke to a handful of these employees about what it’s like to work at the national chain and asked them to share the weirdest and worst things they’ve seen on the job.
- From cinnamon bagels slathered with tuna to menacing drive-thru customers, here’s what they had to say.
- Subscribe to Business Insider’s podcast "Household Name" to hear more stories about brands like Panera.
Like most restaurant and retail employees, Panera Bread workers have seen their fair share of odd things at work.
Business Insider spoke with a number of current and former Panera Bread employees. They gave us the details on some of the weirder things that have gone down in their restaurants.
Most of the incidents they described had to do with rude behavior or surprising orders from guests.
Here’s what the employees had to say:
Most of the employees described dealing with unreasonable or irate customers. "One guy kept saying I messed up his sandwich after completely eating it," an employee said.
One customer got so angry that they began throwing utensils at a manager, according to an ex-Panera employee.
A different employee said that they’d seen customers with $100 delivery orders fail to tip drivers.
- Petco is making an unprecedented move to win over millennials who treat their dogs like their ‘first-born child’
- Panera employees share their tips for saving time and money at the chain
- More than 6,200 stores are closing in 2019 as the retail apocalypse drags on — here’s the full list