- Panera Bread’s menus offer all sorts of options for diners.
- A total of 11 current and former Panera Bread employees spoke with Business Insider about their experiences working at the restaurant.
- These employees shared their opinions on the best and the worst deals at Panera Bread.
Panera Bread’s menu has plenty of options for fans of sandwiches, soups, and, most importantly, bread, but does it feature any standout deals?
Business Insider spoke to 11 Panera employees to get their takes on the best and worst deals at the restaurant.
Eight of those workers said they felt that many of the items were overpriced, but the group of employees also came up with a number of offerings that they thought constituted a good buy.
From the "you-pick-two" combos to the bonus cookies, here are the best and worst deals you can get at Panera Bread:
Five Panera Bread employees told Business Insider that the chain’s "you-pick-two" option — which allows you to add a combination of salads, soups, or sandwiches — is a "nice deal."
"The you pick two is a pretty good deal if you’re hungry," one employee said. "It’s hard to go wrong with a soup and sandwich or salad."
But eight employees concurred that Panera Bread isn’t the best place to seek out deals, calling the menu "overpriced" and "too expensive."
- Here’s what Walmart looked like when it first opened over 50 years ago
- The massive company that owns Panera Bread, Krispy Kreme, and Pret a Manger is buying another sandwich chain
- We went shopping at Dressbarn the day after it announced all its stores would close and saw why it’s fallen behind