- Nvidia has agreed to buy Mellanox Technologies for $6.9 billion.
- The deal will pay Mellanox shareholders $125 a share — a 14.3% premium to Friday’s closing price.
- Nvidia reportedly beat out Intel in the race for Mellanox.
- Watch Nvidia and Mellanox Technologies trade live.
The deal, which is the largest in Nvidia’s history, will pay Mellanox shareholders $125 a share—a 14.3% premium to Friday’s closing price.
"We’re excited to unite NVIDIA’s accelerated computing platform with Mellanox’s world-renowned accelerated networking platform under one roof to create next-generation datacenter-scale computing solutions," Nvidia founder and CEO Jensen Huang said in the press release.
Nvidia beat out rival Intel in the race for Mellanox, according to the financial newsite Calcalist.
Goldman Sachs was the financial advisor to Nvidia while Credit Suisse and JPMorgan were the financial advisors for Mellanox.
This story is developing…Check back for updates.
- Trump will reportedly ask Congress for $8.6 billion to build a border wall despite having declared a national emergency
- Chick-fil-A has the best reputation in fast food. Here’s how 6 of the biggest companies stack up.
- Another Boeing 737MAX has crashed leaving no survivors. This time it was flying with Ethiopian Airlines.