- Zebra IQ, a market research and consulting firm, has put together a list of the most popular apps used by Gen Z, the generation born between 1995 and 2010.
- Generation Z is the first generation to grow up with the internet and smartphone technology as a part of their childhood.
- Members of Generation Z who have spent their entire lives online and adapting to new technology have become the internet’s most important trendsetters.
- The top apps among Gen Z reveal important preferences and interests compared to older generations.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Are your favorite apps starting to feel outdated? Do you want to find the next big social media trend before it shows up on Facebook? Well if you’re searching for the next big thing, you should look to the most influential audience on the internet: Generation Z.
Born between 1995 and 2010, Gen Z has grown up with the internet and smartphones and spent their entire lives adapting to new technology. This is a generation that watches Netflix twice as much as cable TV, the generation that would rather stream music with ads than buy an album and own it forever.
Zebra IQ, a marketing and insights tech company, recently released a report detailing Gen Z ‘s online habits and interests, including their favorite apps, popular slang, and most-liked brands and influencers. We explored Gen Z’s favorite apps based on Zebra IQ’s data to try and get a better understanding of why they’re so popular.
Gen Z is crazy about a handful of online platforms including Twitch, Reddit, TikTok, Imgur, Unfolded, Brat, NTWRK, and Lomotif.
Twitch lets millions of viewers tune in to watch live video games and other creative content.
Why is Twitch Interesting?
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ will bring dozens of cute and creepy Pokémon to theaters this week. Here’s every live-action Pokémon shown in the trailers so far.
- Apple just released a free iPhone game based on Warren Buffett called ‘Warren Buffett’s Paper Wizard’ — and it’s a charming copy of the classic game ‘Paperboy’
- The Video Game Hall of Fame just chose the 4 new titles getting inducted in 2019 — here they are
SEE ALSO: The 10 highest-paid YouTubers of 2018