YouTube / Fight Hype
- Manny Pacquiao’s oldest son Emmanuel Pacquiao Jr. has been training as a boxer and has even been sparring.
- One of the spars, a two-round bout against a school friend called Lucas Carson, has been posted online.
- In the footage, Pacquiao Jr. appears to knock Carson down with aggression that he may well have inherited from his famous father.
- You can watch footage of the spar right here.
Manny Pacquiao’s oldest son is also a fighter, and a video published last week appears to show the 18-year-old knocking his opponent down during a two-round sparring session.
ABS-CBN, the largest media conglomerate in the Philippines, said the spar was contested between Emmanuel "Jimuel" Pacquiao Jr. and his school friend Lucas Carson.
In the spar, Pacquiao Jr. fought aggressively, much like his famous father, and even appeared to knock Carson down in the bout.
ABS-CBN reported that Pacquiao Jr. began training as a boxer earlier in the year, before Pacquiao successfully defended his welterweight world championship title against Adrien Broner.
"Emmanuel did really good," Carson said, according to the GMA Network, a major Filipino television and radio broadcaster.
"I was definitely knocked so many times," he added. "It hurt a lot but I wanted to keep going and have a good match in the end."
Pacquiao Jr., meanwhile, said he ran out of gas and hailed Carson for being a "tough" opponent.
Watch footage of the spar right here:
Pacquiao has five children. Pacquiao Jr. is his eldest son.
- 7 reasons you should buy a Nintendo Switch instead of a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One in 2019
- Share your opinion — become a BI Insider!
- 25 photos show what Iran looked like before the 1979 revolution turned the nation into an Islamic republic
Source: Business Insider