Photo by Reuters – Alan Yates
- Romelu Lukaku reportedly tweeted a video revealing official running statistics from one of Manchester United’s pre-season training sessions in Perth.
- The clip showed Luke Shaw to have recorded the slowest time on the day, while Lukaku himself came in second fastest — behind only Diogo Dalot.
- United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he has spoken with the striker and the video has since been removed from the platform.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Romelu Lukaku was ordered by Manchester United to delete a tweet that seemed to reveal the club’s fastest and slowest players, ESPN reports.
The Belgian striker took to Twitter on Friday to share a video showing the squad’s running statistics from a pre-season training exercise in Perth.
The clip showed Lukaku to have registered the second highest speed during the session, behind only Diogo Dalot, who topped the charts after registering an impressive top speed of 36.43 kph (22.64 mph).
Dutch 19-year-old Tahith Chong, who has impressed during United’s pre-season, came in third, while renowned speedsters Marcus Rashford and Daniel James followed.
English full back Luke Shaw and Juan Mata, 31, recorded the slowest top speeds.
Though Lukaku deleted the video, it remains visible on other accounts.
Watch it here:
Lukaku tweeted the video with the caption "lack of pace" and a laughing emoji — a move which provoked a response from Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskajer, who has spoken with the 26-year-old.
"I’ve spoken to Rom, yeah, to put it that way," Solskjaer said, according to the Manchester Evening News. "And that’s case closed."
Lukaku has been linked with a summer trade away from United
Lukaku did not travel with United for its final game of pre-season against AC Milan, fueling speculation that the former Chelsea and Everton striker is set for a move to Italy before the transfer window closes on Thursday, August 8.
United rejected an offer of $65.7 million from Inter Milan last month, however, the Inter boss Antonio Conte remains hopeful he can land the goalscorer. "We continue to work on it in the best possible way," said the Italian on Sunday, following his side’s 1-1 draw with Tottenham Hotspur in London.
"I understand there are some gaps that need to be filled but at the moment I am very hopeful that this will happen."
Juventus is also working on bringing Lukaku to Serie A, after a proposed swap move that would have taken Paulo Dybala to Old Trafford fell through because of the Argentine’s wage demands.
- Novak Djokovic’s coach Goran Ivanisevic says Nick Kyrgios is good for tennis, even though he trolls Novak
- Another popular UFC fighter says company president Dana White is a bully
- Conor McGregor is ‘p—– off’ with Dana White for saying he’s too small to fight Jorge Masvidal