For all skincare junkies, rosehip oil is a common ingredient in most skin care products because of its skin brightening and antioxidant properties. It offers several benefits due to its primary constituents like essential fatty acids, vitamin E, vitamin C, and B-carotene, a form of vitamin A. Many of you might be wondering that whether this amazing oil is good for your face. In this article, is rosehip oil good for your face?
Why Rosehip Oil is Good for Face?
- It is an anti-ageing oil which reduces wrinkles and fights off signs of ageing. This works great due to its anti-ageing property. It is high in vitamin A and Vitamin C which are the perfect nutrients needed to remove fine lines and wrinkles.
- Moisturizes, hydrates and brightens skin. Rosehip oil has a high concentration of essential fatty acids that acts as an effective agent to remove dryness and give glowing skin.
- Rosehip oil also works really well to remove scars on the face. The high concentration of essential fatty acids promote skin regeneration and reduces marks on the face.
- Rosehip oils helps to remove age and dark spots. It contains powerful antioxidants named lycopene, which helps to improve skin texture and offer protection against premature ageing. It also contains beta-carotene which to helps prevent free-radical damage responsible for skin aging and reduces dark pigmentation spots.
- Rosehip is a decent skin exfoliator and treats acne issue. This oil helps to regulate the natural balance of oil on face and thus fights off acne problems. It also removes dead cells and deeply cleanses open pores.
- Rosehip oil controls rosacea. If you suffer from redness, then rose oil can act as a superstar for your skin. This oil soothes skin and calms down irritation and redness. Rosehip oil soothes sensitive skin. It is one of the best carrier oils to reduce inflammation and redness. This is because it contains a high degree of anti-oxidants and vitamins in it.
Can you use Rosehip Oil on Face?
- From the above-mentioned benefits of rosehip oil for skin, it should be crystal clear that it is one the best carrier oils for skin and hence it can be certainly used on face without any hesitation.
How Can Rosehip Oil be used on Face?
- Direct application: Rosehip oil application is pretty simple, just take a few drops of this wonder oil on palms, rub it and then gently apply on your face with light massaging. This doesn’t even need to get diluted and gets easily absorbed. You can follow the direct application way more likely when you want to use it as a moisturizer.
- Spot-treatment: If you want to target specific issues like dark spots, acne marks, eczema or scars, then it is better to follow it in the spot-treatment way. Simply get a drop of rosehip oil on your clean index finger then rub it on the areas of concern. You can also apply it using a Q-tip.
- Night-facial cream: It is very easy to use rosehip oil as a facial cream. Just add a few drops of rosehip oil, shea butter and lavender oil and mix them well. Apply it on the face and use this before bedtime.
- Anti-ageing serum: This also can be used as an anti-ageing serum without having the need to invest in expensive facial products. Just combine it with other anti-ageing oils like pomegranate oil, Vitamin-E or argan oil to maximize the benefits.
Hence, the answer to today’s question is yes, rosehipo oil is good for our face. You can use rosehip oil on your face but the way of usage will vary as per the skin concerns. We have already mentioned about the ways of using it as well. Hope it cleared all your doubts. Now use it on your face and enjoy beautiful, glowing skin.
Source: Makeupandbeauty.com – Oindrila