- You can split an Uber fare if you’re calling a ride with friends or multiple people.
- All riders will have to accept the Uber fare split invitation in their Uber app during the ride – it will no longer be an option once the ride is over.
- If someone requests to split an Uber with you, all you have to do is accept their invitation in the Uber app.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
You can also choose to rideshare with another Uber user going in the same direction if you want to cut down your costs.
However, perhaps one of the best Uber features is one you may not have heard of.
If you’re using the service to go somewhere with friends, Uber allows you to split the fare so that everyone pays an equal portion of the total cost.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to split an Uber fare with multiple people
2. Request an Uber ride to the location of your choice and choose the type of vehicle you want, like an Uber X or Pool.
3. Once you’ve requested your ride, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal a list of menu options.
4. Look for the "Riding with someone?" option and tap the blue "Split fare" option to the right of it.
Jennifer Still/Business Insider
5. Enter the names or phone numbers of the people you wish to split the fare with. Each of the people you select will receive notifications of your fare split request and will have to accept your invitation in order to pay their portion.
How to accept an invitation to split an Uber fare
If you’re not the person who requested the ride but receive a fare split invitation from someone you’re traveling with, accepting their invitation so you can pay your part of the fare is easy.
A fare split request will appear as a pop-up on your Uber screen, asking you to accept or decline the invitation to split the Uber with the rider who requested it.
To accept, simply hit Accept and that’s it – you’ll be paying your portion of the fare.
All riders must accept the split invitation before the Uber drops you off, as you can no longer split an Uber fare once the ride is over.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- How to contact Instagram for help with your account, or to report other accounts
- How to save Instagram videos to your iPhone or Android phone
- How to delete Instagram private messages, by deleting a conversation or unsending a message
SEE ALSO: The best cheap phones you can buy