Drew Angerer/ Getty
- The White House has over 400 employees and their salaries range from $30,000 to $400,000.
- President Donald Trump earns $400,000 per year, while Vice President Mike Pence makes $230,700 annually.
- The highest-paid employee — excluding the president — is John Czwartacki, with a $239,595 salary, while Christopher Liddell is the lowest-paid employee with a $30,000 salary.
- Most of Trump’s advisors and secretaries make $183,000, but advisors Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump have no salary.
- The White House also employs stenographers, calligraphers, digital designers, and travel managers.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Trump’s White House employs over 400 employees and all of them earn vastly different salaries.
While most of Trump’s advisors and secretaries earn $183,000 per year, some employees are earning much less than six figures despite working in the administration, according to the latest report on White House office personnel from June 28, 2019.
From policy advisors to calligraphers, keep reading to find out what everyone makes in the White House from the highest-paid employee to the lowest.
President Donald Trump makes $400,000 per year.
Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images
Since taking office, President Trump has donated his salary of $400,000 to different departments in the government. He donated his 2019 second-quarter earnings to the Office of the Surgeon General.
John Czwartacki, the senior adviser to the chief of staff for strategy and stakeholder engagement, makes $239,595 per year.
Douglas Graham / Congressional Quarterly / Getty
John Czwartacki is the highest-paid staffer in the White House, out-earning even his boss, the chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney. As the former chief communications officer at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Czwartacki acts as an important advisor to Mulvaney.
Vice President Mike Pence makes $230,700 per year.
Sara D. Davis/Getty Images
Vice President Pence received a 1.9% salary raise in 2019.
- We did a blind taste-test of KFC and Popeyes fried chicken — here’s the verdict
- Here’s how much money you’d make working at an American amusement park
- 11 jobs that don’t require any experience to get hired