Antonio Villas-Boas/Business Insider
- Google’s new "Order Online" feature lets you order delivery from delivery services without downloading their apps or visiting their website.
- It’s a quicker and easier way to get food delivery.
- Google’s new feature only supports a few delivery services so far, which means only a few restaurants support Google’s new feature, but the list is set to grow "soon," the company said.
- Check out how it works before you try it yourself.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Google rolled out a new feature you can use in Search, Maps, and Google Assistant that lets you order restaurant delivery without downloading a delivery app on your mobile device, or visiting a delivery service from your computer.
Google’s new feature doesn’t have a name, but you should now see a "Order Online" option when you search for a restaurant in Search, Maps, and Google Assistant, at least if that restaurant is part of a delivery service that Google has partnered with.
The new "order online" feature isn’t specifically just Google. It works in partnership with delivery services like DoorDash, Postmates, Delivery.com, Slice, and ChowNow. Google said it’s adding new services like Zuppler "and others" soon.
Google’s "order online" feature basically lets you order delivery from a restaurant without worrying if the restaurant is part of the delivery service you use. It’ll show which delivery service the restaurant works with, as well as the delivery fee that the service might have.
If you don’t have an account with the delivery service being used with Google "order online" feature, it’ll quickly create one with your Google account.
Essentially, Google’s "order online" feature gives you quick and easy access to multiple delivery services.
It’s incredibly simple and fast — here’s a preview of how it works:
First, in your browser, search for a type of food or restaurant you want to get delivery from.
Once you pick one, and the restaurant is part of a delivery service that Google’s ‘order online’ feature supports, tap ‘Order Online.’
The next page will show you what delivery service works with that restaurant, as well as the delivery fee it might have. In this case, it’s DoorDash, and the delivery fee is $5.99.
- Memorial Day is one of the biggest travel weekends of the year. Here are a few tips to help you plan your drive and beat the rush.
- 11 tips and tricks for avoiding duds and finding the perfect vacation spot on Airbnb
- Here are all the companies that have cut ties with Huawei, dealing the Chinese tech giant a crushing blow