Sunny Chanel / Business Insider
- The Haunted Mansion just turned 50. Disney released over 200 items to celebrate this milestone.
- One of the most beloved amusement park rides in the entire world, the Haunted Mansion has a cult-like following.
- During the anniversary events, Haunted Mansion fans waited for hours in line to snap up new items honoring the ride. There’s still plenty available to purchase online.
- Haunted Mansion fans who are headed to Disney World can upgrade their MagicBand style with a Haunted Mansion Maid and Butler Band ($24.99).
On August 9, the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland turned 50 years old. The beloved attraction, which opened to much anticipation back in 1969, has thrilled millions of visitors over the years. This particular Disney ride also has a massive fandom. Avid collectors will snap up anything that features the attraction’s iconic characters and imagery, from coffee mugs to a one-of-a- kind guitar that sells for $33,000.
I, myself, have been a huge fan of the Haunted Mansion since first boarding a Doom Buggy as a small child. Over the years, I’ve acquired many a Haunted Mansion item, from a Dooney & Burke tote bag to a mini replica of the grandfather clock that appears in the attraction. As luck would have it, I happened to be at the "happiest place on earth" on the Haunted Mansion’s 50th anniversary and was able to celebrate in person.
Besides going on the ride itself, the main draw of the day was the debut of a stunning collection of merchandise honoring the ghoulish ride. During the celebration, Disney introduced over 200 new pieces inspired by the Haunted Mansion. Hundreds of people spent hours in line to get their hands on the limited edition and park exclusives. Thankfully, there’s still plenty available to purchase online.
Check out 19 of our favorite pieces of Haunted Mansion merchandise:
The Haunted Mansion Ear Headband
As part of the Disney Parks Designer Collection, these stylish Minnie Mouse ears that were created for the 50th Anniversary have a heartwarming backstory. This headpiece was designed by Imagineer Kim Irvine whose mother, Leota Tombs, was also an Imagineer. That’s Leota as in Madame Leota from the Haunted Mansion — her face appears in the floating crystal ball on the ride. This limited edition set of ears comes in a velvet lined display box which makes it ideal for gifting.
Haunted Mansion Patch Set
This set includes four embroidered patches including Madame Leota, the iconic Haunted Mansion wallpaper, the HM monogram, and a gargoyle with the tag "Foolish Mortals." Thanks to an adhesive backing these patches can be used temporarily or can be sewn on if you’d like to make your love of the Haunted Mansion permanent.
Haunted Mansion Playing Card Set
This isn’t just a dull deck of cards; the front of each card features artwork from the ride and the card backs are printed with an eye-catching graphic. The coolest thing about the set is that it comes in a hinged coffin-shaped box with a window front and purple satin lining.
- The best women’s laptop bags you can buy
- Instead of a TV, my family uses this $550 projector — and our house is the place for watch parties
- The best meal delivery services we’ve tried