- For National Burrito Day, Chipotle is offering free delivery on orders of more than $10.
- The chain is also debuting the Dobrik Burrito, its National Burrito Day Burrito named after YouTuber David Dobrik.
- The National Burrito Day deals highlight Chipotle’s increasing emphasis on digital and delivery.
Chipotle has a new deal for National Burrito Day.
On Thursday, the fast-casual chain is offering free delivery on all orders of $10 or more. Orders can be placed via the Chipotle app, Chipotle.com, or DoorDash.
The chain is also launching a new, official National Burrito Day burrito, named after YouTuber David Dobrik. The Dobrik Burrito contains brown rice, black beans, chicken, mild salsa, two scoops of corn salsa, cheese, and a side of guac.
The Dobrik Burrito will be available as a menu item on the Chipotle app and website from Thursday through Sunday.
"We know a few things about burritos at Chipotle and we think that ultimately, National Burrito Day is about celebrating those who love burritos," Chris Brandt, Chipotle’s chief marketing officer, said in a statement. "By making David’s order a digital exclusive, we’re able to celebrate one of our favorite days with his fans everywhere in a unique and personal way."
The National Burrito Day deals highlight Chipotle’s increasing emphasis on digital and delivery.
In March, the chain launched its app-centric rewards program, giving away free money and guacamole to customers who joined Chipotle Rewards. The rise of digital ordering has also given Chipotle the opportunity to add new "menu items," made of ingredients that were already available, such as the Paleo Salad Bowl, the Keto Salad Bowl, and now the Dobrik Burrito.
- Taco Bell is trying to win over vegetarian diners with a new menu test
- A US-Mexico border shutdown threatens more than just avocados — here are all the foods that could disappear from store shelves
- If you bought anything from these 11 companies in the last year, your data may have been stolen