- Bose’s new 700 noise-cancelling headphones are said to have better noise-cancelling tech than the trusty and iconic QuietComfort 35 headphones.
- Bose also says it made some major improvements to noise-cancellation during phone calls so that the person you’re speaking with doesn’t hear ambient noise.
- The new Bose 700 headphones cost $400 and will be released on June 30.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Bose recently announced its new Noise Cancelling Headphone 700 headphones, making it the worst time to buy the trusty QuietComfort 35s I see a lot of people wearing around New York City.
Why? Well, Bose is boasting some upgraded noise-cancelling tech on the new 700 headphones. The QC 35 already have some of the best noise-cancelling technology in the business, so if the company has improved on it, the new 700 headphones might be worth checking out before hitting the buy button on a pair of QC 35.
The new Bose 700 headphones cost $400 — $50 more than the Bose QC 35 — and they come out on June 30. You can preorder them now, but your best bet is to wait for reviews to make sure they’re worth the extra $50 over the QC 35.
Check out the main differences between the trusty QC 35 and the new Bose 700 headphones:
The Bose QC 35 have an easily recognizable and iconic design, but it was getting a little stale — and they felt a little plasticky for a pair of $350 headphones.
The Bose QC 35 headphones are based on the QC II design from 2003.
The new Bose 700 come with a fresh, modern design, and they don’t feel as plasticky, especially now that they come with stainless steel on some parts.
The new design is more minimalistic and modern with fewer seams, screws, and more premium materials than the QC 35 headphones.
The Bose 700 come with Bose’s next generation of noise-cancelling technology, which should cancel out more ambient noise than the QC 35.
The Bose QC 35s were already the gold standard for noise-cancelling, so if Bose’s claim that the 700 headphones are even better at noise-cancelling is true, they could be untouchable.
- Microsoft is offering big discounts on Xbox One consoles and games right now to celebrate the year’s biggest gaming event
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is reportedly dropping $80 million on a Manhattan penthouse and the 2 apartments below it — take a look inside
- ‘Pokémon Sword’ and ‘Pokémon Shield’ will launch later this year on the Nintendo Switch. Here’s everything you need to know about the next generation of Pokémon games.