LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles policeman who killed two people in two weeks — including a 14-year-old boy — won’t face criminal charges.
A December report released Thursday by the LA County district attorney’s office says Officer Eden Medina acted in defense of himself and his partner in 2016 when he shot 36-year-old Omar Gonzalez twice in the back during a struggle in Boyle Heights.
Gonzalez had a loaded gun. His family is suing over his death.
Medina previously was exonerated in the shooting two weeks later of 14-year-old Jesse Romero.
The boy, a suspected graffiti vandal, was killed during a chase when police heard a shot and thought he had a gun.
Some witnesses said the gun fired after the boy threw it away and the shooting sparked community protests.
Source: “Los Angeles” – Google News