Kala is reinventing intimate apparel and undergarments and looking for a Product Development and Production Intern to join our team for Spring 2019. This internship offers a weekly stipend and to work with your educational institution to get you school credit. Schedule is flexible, at least 20 hours per week.
This is a dynamic, hands-on internship in an early stage startup, you should be a Jack/Jill-of-all-trades as you will assist with various apparel manufacturing, design, and production, as well as operational tasks.
To apply for this position, you must be a junior, senior, or newly graduated.
Who You Are:
- Experienced with soft-goods and have a knack for sewing
- Believe aesthetic and function go hand in hand
- You work well in a team
- You are ready to hustle and learn
- You are a self-starter
- You’re excited about our mission and making an impact at Kala
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in sourcing of domestic fabric, materials, and trims
- Assist production manager and designer in updating tech packs, WIP, and cost sheets
- Help make deliveries to garment center suppliers and factories
- Receive and perform QC of bulk inventory receipts
Product Management, Product Development, Merchandising, Attention to Detail, Initiative and Forward Thinking, Technical Design, Product Design, Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Follow Through, Packaging, Problem Solving, Data Manipulation, Material Sourcing, Record Keeping
All internships offer credit and a $100/week stipend. They also all require a minimum of 20hrs/week
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.