Kala is reinventing intimate apparel and undergarments and looking for a Design Intern to join our team for Spring 2019. This internship offers a weekly stipend and to work with your educational institution to get you school credit. Schedule is flexible, at least 20 hours per week.
This is a dynamic, hands-on internship in an early stage startup, you should be a Jack/Jill-of-all-trades as you will assist with various apparel manufacturing, design, and production, as well as operational tasks.
To apply for this position, you must be a junior, senior, or newly graduated.
Who you are
- Experienced with soft-goods and have a knack for sewing
- Believe aesthetic and function go hand in hand
- You work well in a team
- You are ready to hustle and learn
- You are a self-starter
- You’re excited about our mission and making an impact at Kala
What you’ll do
- Assist in design and product development process
- Pattern-making and techpacks
- Refine existing product as well as create new
- Have a voice in design decisions as we expand product offerings
- Assist in managing samples and materials library
- Aid in benchmark and trend research
- Experiment with material usage
- Assist in creating a sustainable and ethical manufacturing process
- Help with styling at photoshoots
- Work directly with the Lead Designer and create some beautiful pieces
Product Development, Sewing, Pattern Making, Adobe Creative Suite, Manufacturing, Adobe Illustrator, Apparel Design, Fashion Design, Trend Research, Intimate Apparel
All internships offer credit and a $100/week stipend. They also all require a minimum of 20hrs/week
Please include a link to your portfolio when applying. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org