HELLESSY is a women’s ready-to-wear designer currently looking to fill 1 design internship position immediately. Preferred hours 2-4 days a week from 10:00-6:00 in our Soho studio. Preferred 3 month commitment, with a starting date in January.
Founded in New York City in 2012, HELLESSY is a women’s designer ready-to-wear collection focused on the philosophy of dressing women in need of versatile, understated elegance. HELLESSY uses impeccable fabrics with a premium on superb fit and precise construction — pairing uptown refinement with downtown cool, and offering clean, minimal looks that transition easily from day-to-evening for the modern woman.
- Working towards/has a degree in Fashion Design or similar
- Self motivated, thorough and highly organized
- Positive attitude
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Has excellent knowledge of fabrics and garment construction
- Adaptable and works well in a fast paced, small team environment
- Regular visits to pattern making studios and factories for development sample-making process
- Assist in design fittings / compile and print fit notes and photos for pattern makers and factories
- Help with trim purchasing and sourcing from midtown trim vendors
- Assist in creating cut tickets for factories
- Create flats on Illustrator; Assist in compiling linesheet for Market week
- Tag and take inventory of all development fabric throughout sampling process
- Prepare for Spring runway show, assist backstage as needed
To apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Development Interns.