Account Executive will serve on our Fashion / Lifestyle team as well as be a key client contact on specified accounts.
Brandsway seeks an experienced and well-connected Account Executive candidate who has worked a minimum 2-3 years in fashion & lifestyle product PR.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for pop culture with solid experience in the PR industry and in the fashion & lifestyle sector.
The successful candidate is someone who wishes to grow and excel in the field of Public Relations, who possesses an ambitious work ethic and is a team player.
We are looking for someone who is creative and independent and can draw on past communications strategy to develop NEW creative ideas and has the relationships with fashion media contacts to build on.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as day to day lead and manage selected accounts & their coordinating PR Campaigns
- Write press releases, fact sheets, media alerts
- Create targeted pitches to researched media outlets that are smart, fresh and buzz-worthy
- Distribute press releases and follow up with key reporters
- Schedule press meetings and interviews for clients
- Accompany clients on interviews and red carpet events
- Monitor editorial calendars and identify opportunities for clients
- Create client plans, proposals and time lines
- Develop CREATIVE story ideas and pitches for targeted media
- Ability to place product and news stories in short-lead, regional and long-lead outlets, and/or as directed by supervisors
- Understands and contributes to media strategy documents
- Aggressively pursues new media angles and story opportunities
- Actively networks with media to enhance relationships
- Actively networks with PR, Talent Managers/ Agents, and bookers
- Stay on top of trends, and media stories
- Bring branding & collaboration opportunities to the table
- Participate as required in new business pitch submissions and meetings
- Maintain updated case studies on selected accounts for use in new business pitches
- Update targeted press lists for existing clients
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Please apply ONLY if you have the following:
- At least 2 years of Public Relations experience specifically as an Account Executive or Junior Account Executive
- You live in the New York area
- The ability to send:
- 3 names and outlets of your closest press relationships
- Submit a writing sample (pitch or press release)
- 3 press placements and the coordinating clips you are the proudest of
To Apply: Please email Sierra at firstname.lastname@example.org.