- Apple-owned Beats has introduced its first new product in two years: fully wireless earbuds called Powerbeats Pro.
- The buds are an update to Beats’ popular Powerbeats headphones, and have the same internal technology as AirPods 2.
- Powerbeats Pro cost $250 and will be available this spring.
Beats on Wednesday unveiled its first new product in two years: the fully wireless Powerbeats Pro.
The new earbuds are an update to Beats’ popular Powerbeats headphones. They have a fresher, more high-end look and feel, no wire to connect them, and the same internals as Apple’s AirPods 2.
Powerbeats Pro will cost $250 and will be available later this spring.
Here’s what they’re like:
Powerbeats Pro come in four colors: ivory, moss, navy, and black.
Powerbeats Pro have an updated look and feel. Beats says they’re 23% smaller and 17% lighter than regular Powerbeats, and they have a more modern, angled design. The buds are also sweat- and water-resistant.
Beats says that it improved the sound of the buds as well — they have been "completely re-engineered from the inside out," Beats says. I tried them briefly, and they sounded good, but we won’t know for sure until we can fully test them in the wild.
- Apple is rumored to release a pair of high-end headphones this year — here’s everything we know
- Your iPhone keeps a detailed list of every location you frequent — here’s how to delete your history and shut the feature off for good
- Apple had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week — here’s what happened