The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you’ll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Apple’s MacBook Air is on sale at Best Buy for up to $150 off its original price as part of the "Apple Shopping Event."
- Apple rarely puts its latest tech on sale, and the MacBook Air is a great choice for students, professionals, and average users alike — especially at this price.
- The Air has enough processing power, memory, and storage to tackle just about any task from photo and video editing to web browsing and more. It can even get up to 12 hours of battery life.
- You can get the laptop with 128GB of storage inside for $1,099.99 (originally $1,199.99) or the 256GB model for $1,249.99 (originally $1,399.99).
The new MacBook Air is $100 to $150 off at Best Buy as part of the store’s "Apple Shopping Event." Best Buy doesn’t say exactly how long this sale is going to last, but most deals last about a week at the big-box retailer.
Apple’s laptop line is a little crowded, but the new MacBook Air stands out in a few key ways, making it a great buy — especially at this lower price.
As its name suggests, the Air is thin and light, but still powerful enough to handle most tasks you throw at it. It has all the processor power, memory, and storage to handle Microsoft Office or the Google Suite, web browsing, and HD video streaming without breaking a sweat. Its high-resolution, "retina" screen also makes it a good choice for light photo and video editing, although you might notice some strain if you’re working with 4K footage.
Apple says that the MacBook Air can get up to 12 hours of battery life, which should be more than enough to get you through an average day on a single charge. If you’re a student or an average computer user who occasionally works with photos, videos, and audio, the MacBook Air is a good choice.
You’ll notice that two models of the MacBook Air are on sale, the only difference between the two of them is the amount of storage inside. If you mostly stream your media and work with documents and presentations in the cloud, the base model is a good choice for $1,099.99. If you work with high-resolution photos and videos more often, you should consider the the higher-storage model for $1,249.99.
Apple rarely discounts its tech, and it’s unusual to see its gadgets go on sale so soon after release, so if you’re in the market for a new laptop, don’t wait too long.
MacBook Air (13.3-inch display, 1.6GHz i5 processor, 8GB memory, 128GB storage), $1,099.99 (originally $1,199.99) [You save $100]
MacBook Air (13.3-inch display, 1.6GHz i5 processor, 8GB memory, 256GB storage), $1,249.99 (originally $1,399.99) [You save $150]
- UrbanStems delivers fresh, beautiful bouquets with free one-day delivery — we tried it and think it’s a great Valentine’s Day gift
- 22 unique, low-key gifts to celebrate your first Valentine’s Day as a couple
- Save $150 on a Leesa mattress — and more of today’s best deals from around the web
SEE ALSO: The best MacBooks you can buy
Source: Business Insider