- Apple released the first teaser trailer for its original series "The Morning Show" on Monday.
- "The Morning Show," arriving this fall with the launch of Apple’s TV Plus service, is about the "complex relationships between men and women on the set of a morning television show."
- The show’s teaser trailer, which doesn’t show any of the cast, left many people confused.
- "Is this show about ghosts?" one person wondered.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple is launching a new premium-TV subscription service later this year, and its original series "The Morning Show" will be a huge part of it.
Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, and Steve Carell — the three stars of "The Morning Show" — were on hand at Apple’s big "Showtime" event in March to introduce their series alongside the announcement of the Apple TV Plus service. Witherspoon and Aniston, who are also executive producers on the show, said the series is about "complex relationships between men and women on the set of a morning television show."
While we saw a couple of brief moments from "The Morning Show" back in March, we didn’t get an official look at the series until Monday, when Apple released the first full teaser for the program.
Unfortunately for Apple, the teaser appears to have confused a lot of people.
First of all, here’s the teaser trailer for "The Morning Show," embedded below. It’s less than a minute. Give it a watch.
With the moody voice-overs playing over an empty and dimly lit office environment, some people were naturally wondering where the actors were.
Some people just didn’t understand what the teaser was trying to accomplish.
- Your Apple Card changes colors depending on what you buy — here’s how it works
- Watch the first trailer for Apple’s coming TV series starring Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carell, and Reese Witherspoon
- Steve Jobs made a bunch of predictions in the 80s and 90s about the future of technology — it turns out he nailed it