- A Los Angeles-based artist network is offering an extravagant Valentine’s Day package for $150,000.
- It includes first-class round-trip tickets to London for two people, three nights in a five-star hotel, and a professionally styled photo shoot with an award-winning photographer.
- The personalized package is part of a growing trend of exclusive experiences being the preferred type of luxury for wealthy travelers.
A Los Angeles-based artist network is offering a $150,000 Valentine’s Day package that includes a luxury vacation to London and an elaborate photo shoot with an award-winning photographer.
Saatchi Art, an online art gallery and network for artists, is offering a "dream gift" for a buyer to "be a muse for a day in London" with Miss Aniela, a photographer known for her stylized portraits of women in couture gowns.
"The artist will capture you in an elaborate scene that you dream up together, then deliver a one-of-a-kind 30 x 40-inch photograph just a month later," reads the description of the package.
The package includes first-class round-trip tickets to London for two people, a three-night stay in a five-star hotel, and a professionally styled photo shoot for one.
"The hotel is booked based on date availability for when the buyer would like to travel, such as The Ritz, Claridge’s, or the Shangri-La," a publicist told Business Insider.
Claridge’s, The Ritz, and the Shangri-La are known as some of the most iconic hotels in London, but if you’re looking for other options in the city, The Kensington (starting at $270 per night) and Covent Garden Hotel (starting at $440 per night) were both recently included on a list of best hotels in the world by Condé Nast Traveller, as Business Insider’s Marissa Perino reported.
The Valentine’s package also includes all meals — Saatchi Art will curate a custom list of top-tier dining options — as well as a chauffeur to drive the buyer to and from the artist’s studio where hair, makeup, and wardrobe will be provided.
Saatchi Art declined to say whether anyone has bought this particular package so far, but they did they did say they’ll have more than one of the packages available.
On Saatchi Art’s website, Miss Aniela’s prints sell for between $340 and nearly $19,000. She won Nikon’s "I Am Photographer" award in 2016 and in 2018 she was shortlisted for the Hopper Prize, a grant-making institution for artists.
The extravagant Valentine’s Day package conforms to a larger trend of luxury travelers preferring to spend their money on personalized experiences rather than generic trips.
"As the demand for luxury shifts away from goods and increasingly toward experiences, customers don’t just want any experience: They want personalized experiences that are either inherently unique or specifically tailored to them," Lina Batarags wrote for Business Insider.
If a tropical romantic experience is more your taste than London in February, you can always book a villa at the world’s most romantic resort, a secluded island retreat in the Maldives that costs between $370 and $2,475 per night, where each villa comes with a 24/7 private concierge, a private deck, an in-villa bar, and deluxe bathrobes and slippers.
- There’s a big difference between what ‘penthouse’ used to mean and what it actually means now, according to a luxury real-estate broker and ‘Million Dollar Listing’ star
- Take a look at the 14 superyachts with the best interior and exterior design in 2019
- Many NYC penthouses aren’t selling, so real estate companies are chopping them up into multiple smaller apartments to get them off the market
Source: Business Insider