Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider, Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Amazon Prime Day is Amazon’s big sitewide-sales event that usually falls in July.
- Your checklist for Amazon Prime Day 2019 is as follows: make sure you’re an Amazon Prime member (you can get a free 30-day trial here), familiarize yourself with the types of anticipated deals below, and read our Amazon Prime Day FAQ.
- We’re still learning more about the details, including dates and deals, for Amazon Prime Day 2019. As usual, we’ll be covering and live-updating the best deals right here once the event does arrive, so keep this page bookmarked.
- You can find all of Insider Picks’ Amazon Prime Day 2019 coverage here.
Of the many products we receive and test at Insider Picks every day, we’ve never received a time-travel machine. If we did, however, you know we’d use it to take a peek at the best deals of Amazon’s much-anticipated yearly event, Prime Day.
Amazon doesn’t usually release any details until a couple weeks before the big online-sales event, but what we can tell you is Prime Day 2019 will probably take place in mid-July, it will run for 24 hours or longer (last year’s Prime Day was the longest yet at 36 hours), and the deals will be even bigger and better than before.
You’ll be able to browse featured deals on this Amazon page on Amazon Prime Day, but the real page you’ll want to bookmark is this article. We’ll be sifting through the more than 1 million deals anticipated to land on Prime Day and showing you only the best deals so you can save time and get on with your day.
Whether you missed out on last year’s Amazon Prime Day or just want a refresher on what to expect this year, you’ve come to the right place. Here are the best deals that were hits among Business Insider readers like yourself in 2018:
- Amazon service: Three months of Kindle Unlimited, $1
- Amazon service: Three months of Audible, $4.95 per month
- Amazon device: Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, $19.99 (originally $39.99) [You saved $20]
- Headphones: Sony Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones, $98 (originally 198) [You saved $100]
- Outdoor accessory: LifeStraw Personal Water Filter for Hiking, Camping, Travel, and Emergency Preparedness, $9.99 (originally $24.95) [You saved $14.95]
- Tech accessory: Anker PowerCore 10000 Battery Pack, $19.19 (originally $29.99) [You saved $10.80]
- Small kitchen appliance: Instant Pot DUO60, 6 Quart, $58.99 (originally $99.95) [You saved $40.96]
And here were some of the best deals sitewide from last year’s Amazon Prime Day. The following list will give you an idea of the types of brands and products, if not the exact products, that could be on sale this year.
- Amazon device: Echo, $69.99 (originally $99.99) [You saved $30]
- Amazon device: Kindle Paperwhite, $79.99 (originally $119.99) [You saved $40]
- DNA test: 23andMe DNA Test, $99.99 (originally $299) [You saved $199.01]
- Mattress: Tuft & Needle Mattress, Queen, $459 (originally $575) [You saved $116]
- Robot vacuum: iRobot Roomba 671 Robot Vacuum (Wi-Fi connectivity, works with Alexa), $364.99 (originally $499.99 [You saved $135]
- Small kitchen appliance: Instant Pot Ultra 8 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, $119.95 (originally $179.95) [You saved $60]
- Small kitchen appliance: ChefSteps Joule Sous Vide, (White), $129.99 (originally $179.99) [You saved $50]
- Smart home device: Ring Video Doorbell Pro, $174 (originally $249) [You saved $75]
- Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7-Inch, 32GB Tablet, $399.99 [You saved $150]
- Wearable: Huawei Watch 2, $179.99 (originally $299.99) [You saved $120]
For an even closer look at all the best deals from last year, visit our Prime Day 2018 page. You can find deals sorted by category (tech, beauty and skin care, etc.), price (under-$25, under-$50, etc.), and more.
Remember, you must be an Amazon Prime member in order to access Amazon Prime Day 2019’s best deals. Check out all the great benefits a Prime membership affords in addition to Prime Day access, then sign up for a free 30-day trial here.
If you have more burning questions about Amazon Prime Day 2019, read our Amazon Prime Day FAQ. For any unanswered questions you may still have, email us at email@example.com.
Learn a little more about 20 Prime Day 2018 best-sellers and deals to expect below.
Tuft & Needle mattress
Tuft & Needle Queen Mattress, $535.50 [Prime Day price, $459]
Tuft & Needle’s mattresses feature a pressure-relieving adaptive foam that doesn’t trap heat like traditional memory foam slabs and results in medium firmness and support levels that many sleepers will like. They arrive in a box and are easy to set up, plus they come with a 10-year limited warranty.
Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, $24.99 [Prime Day price on older generation model, $19.99]
With the Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can stream media to any TV with an HDMI input. Popular services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, Showtime, Sling, and NBC are all available in addition to Amazon Prime Video. With Alexa capabilities, you can control the TV with your voice. The Stick is small enough to take with you when you travel, so you can plug it into a hotel TV, too.
The Fire TV Stick on sale last year was an older generation. The link above is for Amazon’s newest Fire TV Stick.
Eufy robot vacuum
Eufy Robovac 11 Vacuum, $269.99 [Prime Day price, $159.99]
At just $160, Eufy’s vacuum is more affordable than its robot vacuum competitors, but no less effective. Standing at about three inches tall, it easily sneaks under tables and couches to tackle the dirt of the most difficult-to-reach areas. The vacuum can run for 1.5 hours at a time, then recharges automatically.
- The best natural skin-care products you can buy
- Save up to 20% on sofas and sectionals at popular furniture startup Burrow — and 7 other sales and deals happening now
- 15 beautiful jewelry boxes that won’t look clunky on your dresser