- Forbes published its 2019 billionaires list this week.
- Tech CEOs and founders feature prominently.
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos topped the list once again.
Forbes has released its latest billionaires list. As ever, tech moguls loom large, with familiar faces laced throughout Forbes’ ranking.
For some, it was another very good year in the elite club. But the personal wealth of others took a battering, not least Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who fell down the ranking after a disastrous year for his social network.
Scroll on to see the world’s 13 richest tech billionaires, ranked in ascending order.
13. Masayoshi Son. Net worth: $21.6 billion
Masayoshi Son is the CEO and founder of the Japanese megafund Softbank, which has pumped money into high-profile tech companies like Uber and WeWork.
This year Softbank took a hit following the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, due to its links to Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
12. Elon Musk. Net worth: $22.3 billion
REUTERS/Aly Song/File Photo
It was a wild year for the Tesla CEO, with numerous scandals and Tesla’s stock zooming up and down in tune with his erratic behaviour. Both Tesla and his rocket company SpaceX laid off significant chunks of their staff in January of this year. Musk remains lavishly wealthy, however.
11. Azim Premji. Net worth: $22.6 billion
Premji, sometimes referred to as the "Bill Gates of India" is the founder of IT company Wipro.
- Chocolate for breakfast and freshly-killed goat for dinner — here are the diets of some of the most notable tech billionaires
- From Elon Musk to Bill Gates, here are all of the notable tech billionaires who own private planes to jet themselves around the world
- The iPhone XR is available in six colors: Here’s how to decide between them