- A mega-yacht rumored to cost $400 million and be owned by Jeff Bezos was spotted off the coast of Turkey in photos circulating on Twitter.
- The "Flying Fox" yacht was reported to anchor off Datça, a popular tourist destination in Turkey, in early July, but it was unclear whether Bezos was aboard.
- Rumors that the yacht belongs to Bezos have circulated since 2017, when the Lürssen yacht-building company began construction on what was then referred to as "Project Redwood," one of the world’s largest yachts.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Photos of a mega-yacht anchored off the coast of Turkey began circulating on Twitter Saturday, with rumors that the vessel belonged to Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and was worth $400 million.
Turkish media first reported that the yacht was anchored off the coast of Datça, a popular tourist destination in Turkey, on July 9. Original tweets claiming that the yacht belongs to Bezos have since been deleted, along with the original photo, but screenshots continue to circulate on social media.
According to yacht statistics from the website Superyacht Times, the mega-yacht in question is called the "Flying Fox" and was constructed by yacht building company Lürsen Yachts. The Superyacht Times records it is 136.0 meters long and sleeps up to 22 guests, with a 54-person crew.
The Times also records the yacht as having been completed and become operational in 2019, with 36 guest cabins, including 11 VIP cabins, and 4 decks onboard. It is also reported to have a 12-meter swimming pool and is pictured to have a helicopter pad on deck.
Rumors that the yacht belongs to Bezos can be traced back to 2017, when it was still under construction and referred to as "Project Redwood." Since then, Bezos has been estimated to be the richest person in the world.
Amazon didn’t immediately respond to Business Insider’s request for comment.
- Democrats are suggesting people flip the script in response to Trump’s racially-charged tweets — unfollow and ignore
- Armie Hammer posted a weird Instagram story of his son sucking his toes, and people are freaked out
- Trump doubled down on his attacks against Baltimore and Cummings, claiming critics are playing the ‘race card’