- Some of the most popular tourist destinations in the world are surprisingly affordable to visit this spring.
- We found deals on luxe hotels and scouted flight deals to find nine upscale getaways that won’t break the bank.
- The most affordable luxury destinations this spring include Paris, Amsterdam, and Shanghai.
While it might seem like travel prices continue to rise, some of the most sought-after destinations in the world are actually getting more accessible.
From finding luxe hotels at record prices on the HotelTonight app to scouting great flight deals from Scott’s Cheap Flights email newsletter, the digital age is making luxury destinations affordable for the everyday traveler.
You no longer have to spend like the 1% to vacation like it. But you do need to know where to go, what travel services will score you the best deals, and when to target certain destinations.
For those looking for a luxury getaway without spending thousands on a flight, here are nine destinations to target this spring.
San Francisco, California
According to JetSuiteX, you can jet to destinations like San Francisco, California, while experiencing "semi-private flying at not-so-private fares." You can arrive at the private jet terminal 20 minutes before your flight and fly in style on a 30-seat plane — with fares starting as low as $69 from Los Angeles to Oakland.
The beauty of Paris in the spring is that hordes of tourists haven’t taken over the city yet. And you can check in to fancy Parisian hotels for an average daily rate of $152 on HotelTonight in February, the company said in a release — and fly round-trip from NYC for $350.
Along the coast of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula you’ll find Mayakoba, a 1,600-acre resort development surrounded by lagoons, jungles, and a sugar sand beach.
The four hotels within Mayakoba (Andaz Mayakoba, Banyan Tree Mayakoba, Fairmont Mayakoba, and Rosewood Mayakoba) provide a range of starting rates to attract a variety of travelers. Non-stop flights from New York City to Cancun this spring start around $250, and while Mayakoba feels tucked away, it’s also situated near must-see sights like Chichen Itza.
- Here’s the highest-paying job in every US state
- The pitch deck that helped a startup land $6 million from the founders of Dropbox, Yelp, Box, Yammer, and Gmail
- The 30 highest-paying jobs in America