Hollis Johnson/Business Insider/Chick-fil-A
- Chick-fil-A has certain items that only appear on select menus across America, from cheese sauce to guacamole.
- Some of these are limited tests, while others are more permanent regional menu items.
- Here are some of the hardest-to-find Chick-fil-A menu items from across the nation.
Chick-fil-A is known for its classic chicken sandwich.
However, there’s more to the iconic chain’s menu than meets the eye.
While some classics populate every Chick-fil-A menu across America, the chicken chain has a handful of regional items that are far more difficult to find.
From cheese sauce to guacamole, here are some of the lesser-known gems from Chick-fil-A menus across the US.
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
Roughly 436 locations in the Northeast and Midwest serve a special cheese sauce that can’t be found at most Southern locations.
In Southern California, a number of Chick-fil-A locations serve guacamole.
Mac and cheese
Business Insider/Hayley Peterson
Chick-fil-A first started testing mac and cheese in July 2017. The dish is available in certain locations in Texas, Maryland, Tennessee, and Georgia, the Daily Meal reported in 2018.
The fast-food chain experimented with a number of different mac and cheese recipes — including one that featured cauliflower — before settling on this one, Business Insider’s Hayley Peterson reported.
As of August 2018, nine Chick-fil-A locations in Iowa, Arizona, and Arkansas serve chicken gravy.
Spicy Chicken Strip Biscuit
Mac and cheese isn’t the only regional Chick-fil-A test. In January, the chain began testing the Spicy Chicken Strip Biscuit in Yuma, Phoenix, and Tucson, Arizona.
Some locations in Texas and New Mexico have jalapeño peppers on the menu.
- Chick-fil-A has the best reputation in fast food. Here’s how 6 of the biggest companies stack up.
- Brownies, cheese sauce, and guacamole: 7 cult-favorite Chick-fil-A menu items that are almost impossible to find
- McDonald’s is flipping its iconic arches upside down again for International Women’s Day