- Trader Joe’s employees get to partake in impromptu taste tests in the stores on occasion.
- But that doesn’t mean that workers love every single item that graces Trader Joe’s shelves.
- Business Insider spoke to four Trader Joe’s employees to find out which items they avoid.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Trader Joe’s fans flock to the grocery store thanks to its penchant for stocking out-of-the-ordinary gems alongside its go-to staples.
But four Trader Joe’s employees who spoke to Business Insider said that there are a few product categories or individual items that they tend to avoid.
Some said that Trader Joe’s doesn’t offer the biggest value in certain categories. Others said that they shunned specific items as a matter of taste.
With that in mind, here are a few Trader Joe’s offerings that employees say they avoid:
One employee said that they’re not concerned with the quality of the meat at Trader Joe’s. In their opinion, the cuts are just too expensive.
When it comes to frozen fruit, one employee said, "Costco is so much more cost efficient."
And frozen items in general
A different employee said that they find the frozen items too pricey.
"That’s where a lot of money is made," the employee told Business Insider.
- ‘They don’t give a damn about us’: Starbucks employees are freaking out about a Unicorn Frappuccino-inspired rainbow drink launching this week
- ‘Stranger Things” new season features a slew of iconic stores that no longer exist
- If you bought anything from these 12 companies in the last year, your data may have been stolen