Alyssa Powell/Business Insider
- Streaming wars have upped the quality of original content for viewers, and over 100 million Americans with a Prime membership already have access to the shows on Prime Video.
- If you’re looking for a new but worthwhile show to stream, start by checking out critically acclaimed original series on Amazon Prime Video.
If you’re stuck in a cycle of thumbing through streaming sites, looking up trailers, and ultimately rewatching "The Office" for the millionth time, you may want to set your sights on a smaller, choicer pool of options — like all the nominated or award-winning original series on Prime Video.
Streaming wars have amped up the volume of production, financial investment, and in the best of cases, the quality of the content itself. As companies duke it out for a bigger portion of your finite attention, they’re bringing bigger and better options to the market in order to seduce you. But, if you don’t know where to find the shows most worth your time, then you can get burned by investing time into the fluff and filler also housed on the platform.
Like Netflix and HBO, Amazon is no stranger to Emmys. Below, you’ll find 39 solid original series that have either been nominated or already won awards to consider next time you want something new.
Here are 39 critically acclaimed Amazon original series:
Series descriptions are provided by Amazon and lightly edited for length.
"The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"
In 1958 New York, Midge Maisel’s life is on track — husband, kids, and elegant Yom Kippur dinners in their Upper West Side apartment. But when her life takes a surprise turn, she has to quickly decide what else she’s good at — and going from housewife to stand-up comic is a wild choice to everyone but her.
"The Gymkhana Files"
The Gymkhana Files takes viewers deep behind the scenes of one of the world’s wildest, most successful viral video franchises of all time, with over 500 million online views and counting. Follow globally recognized race-car driver and viral star Ken Block and his team of Hoonigans as they attempt to make the greatest automotive video of all time while racing in the World Rallycross Championship.
Nobody in Berlin’s techno scene is better connected than club promoter Robert Schlag, aka Beat. In order to get to the masterminds of a criminal network, Beat is recruited by the European Secret Service. On the hunt for the architects behind organized organ trafficking, the past catches up with Beat, who quickly reaches his personal limits.
- This $70 bidet attaches to your toilet — I tried it and was impressed with how well it cleaned
- The best rakes you can buy
- This gel tint is the perfect summer alternative to foundation — it evens out my skin tone and stays on all day