- Advertisements are everywhere you look, even if you don’t notice them.
- Some ads, however, are a pleasure to look at — they break through the clutter and make you laugh.
- Here are 24 of the funniest, most clever ads from the likes of Apple, McDonald’s, Bose, Volkswagen, and others.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Advertisements are everywhere you look, even if you don’t notice them. But sometimes, an ad is so amusing and clever that it catches your attention and stays with you.
Most ads are annoying and unavoidable. According to ad agency Red Crow Marketing, the average person living in a city 30 years ago saw up to 2,000 ad messages a day, compared with 4,000 to 10,000 ads today.
We compiled print ads that are, in fact, not a waste of time. They’re creative, charming, and have clear messages. While some come from relatively unknown companies or products, others are for major brands like Volkswagen, McDonald’s, FedEx, and Apple.
Here are 24 of the funniest and most clever ads to ever be printed.
Soap brand Life Buoy’s unconventional ad turned a pug into a loaf of bread to stress the importance of using soap. "You eat what you touch." (Indonesia, 2009)
Bose took noise-cancellation to a new level when it highlighted the sound quality of their headphones over their look. Untitled. (New Zealand, 2006)
Bose New Zealand
McDonald’s magazine ad for extra-large coffee was too big to fit on two pages, aside from some ring stains on the corners. "Extra large coffee." (Sweden, 2008)
- 10 American companies with the worst reputations
- 33 graphic ads that were designed to shock you
- I parked an old postal truck at Coachella and sold ice cream sandwiches out the window. Ten years later, my brand is a huge success — and these are the 5 tricks that made it all work.