Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider, Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Many students take the opportunity to travel in the months immediately following graduation.
- The big post-grad trip is likely the last chance they’ll have to travel for more than a few days at a time, so help them make the most of their vacation with these 20 travel-related graduation gifts.
- These items will be useful for all their future travels as well, not just their celebratory graduation trip.
With new jobs, grad school, and other post-grad opportunities on the horizon, members of the Class of 2019 have another pressing concern on their minds: traveling the world, with their best college friends in tow.
For many, the months after graduation are one of the few times of their life when they’ll be able to travel for weeks on end uninterrupted, before company vacation policies and conflicting school breaks get in the way.
Planning a trip as big as this is not an easy undertaking. If you’re gifting a new grad in your life, your contribution to their trip of a lifetime — whether in the form of an Airbnb gift card, a shiny new suitcase, or a luxurious toiletry bag — won’t go unappreciated.
Check out 20 travel-related gifts for your grad, whether they’re leaving for a week or three months.
The only day-pack they’ll need to bring
Lo & Sons
With this minimalist, durable, and eco-friendly backpack tote, they’re getting two bags for the price of one, and each style looks and feels equally great. It features multiple compartments to keep their essentials organized, so they’ll never feel lost or flustered while out on a day trip. Despite its ability to hold a surprising amount of stuff, it’s always comfortable to carry.
Stylish leather stickers to adorn their suitcase
These lux stickers are made from 100% leather and add a cool personal touch to their travel bags. Away rotates out their selection of sticker options, so check back often to see what new illustrations they have in stock. The "Fast" alphabet collection, pictured above, is usually available and is a bold choice that suggests your recipient is always excited to explore the next new and exciting destination.
A double-compartment toiletry kit
A favorite of frequent travelers who like to stay organized but also stylish, Leatherology’s toiletry bag has two large zippered compartments to keep different categories of personal care items separate. The large handle on the side is easy to spot and grab out of their suitcase, while the soft, full-grain leather is a significant upgrade from flimsy plastic bags.
- 12 packing essentials on every business traveler’s list
- 9 experiential gifts college grads will love — according to a recent college grad
- 6 wired headphones under $20 that will save Bluetooth lovers so much frustration on their next flight