PhotoAlto/Laurence Mouton/Getty Images
- You may be surprised that these weird jobs exist — and that they can pay reasonably well.
- Ice cream taste testers can earn up to $60,000 per year, and some YouTubers can earn millions of dollars off of their videos.
- We rounded up 15 unconventional jobs that pay surprisingly well.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Have you ever wanted to make a living eating ice cream, taking food pictures for your social media, or attending weddings every weekend? You may be in luck. Though you may have never considered these unconventional or weird jobs before, now is the time.
Not only can you have a lot of fun doing these out-of-the-box jobs, but you may also be paid generously for your work. Some of these jobs have high salaries up to $100,000, while others offer great perks and benefits.
Read more: 17 weird jobs you probably didn’t know exist
Here are 15 unconventional jobs that pay surprisingly well.
Ice cream tasters, otherwise known as food scientists, sensory analysts, or "flavorologists," can make up to $60,000 a year. If you’d like to get paid to try out new ice cream flavors, this unconventional career path may be for you.
If you find yourself providing advice and guidance for all of your friends’ weddings, consider becoming a professional bridesmaid. Professional bridesmaids through the company Bridesmaid For Hire provide exceptional service and offer everything from day-of advice to giving a beautiful toast at the reception. You could earn up to $1,000 per day.
Courtesy of Jen Glantz
Psychics don’t need much certification or training to make a decent living. If you think you’ve got a gift for reading people, get psychic premonitions, or think you may have a sixth sense of some kind, this career path may be for you. Psychics can earn up to $100 per hour or roughly $35,750 per year.
Erik de Castro/Reuters
- Here’s how much surgeons, lawyers, and 20 other top-earning professionals make per hour
- 15 jobs that may seem off-putting but pay surprisingly well
- 26 high-paying jobs for people who hate science